Why do I need Directors’ and Officers’ insurance?
Directors’ and Officers’ (D&O) insurance is a type of liability insurance that provides financial protection in the event that directors and management are sued for wrongful acts committed in the course of their duties.
D&O protects the personal assets of directors, officers, plus their spouses and estates of both public and private companies.
To find out more about how Directors’ and Officers’ insurance can protect your firm, Griffiths & Armour Client Services Director, Martin Hawken, discusses the key reasons to consider a D&O insurance policy in the video below.
Skip to section
Select a chapter and then press play.
- 00:00:00 - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DIRECTORS‘ AND OFFICERS’ INSURANCE
- 00:00:29 - WHO DOES DIRECTORS‘ AND OFFICERS’ INSURANCE PROTECT?
- 00:01:10 - WHY DOES A COMPANY OR ITS DECISION MAKERS NEED OR WANT D&O INSURANCE?
- 00:01:43 - WHERE DO D&O CLAIMS ORIGINATE FROM?
- 00:01:56 - APART FROM CLAIMS, ARE THERE OTHER REASONS WHY PRIVATE COMPANIES PURCHASE D&O?
- 00:03:03 - WHAT ISN’T COVERED WITH D&O?
- 00:03:35 - WHAT DOES D&O INSURANCE COST?
- 00:03:54 - WHAT COVERAGES CAN BE PURCHASED ALONGSIDE D&O?
If you are seeking guidance on purchasing D&O insurance, please click below to submit your enquiry or book a consultation with one of our specialist insurance brokers, who will be able to discuss your requirements.