Written by: Griffiths & Armour on: 31 Mar 2023
7 Frequently Asked Questions about
Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance
Directors’ and Officers’ (D&O) insurance is becoming an upfront consideration for many public and private companies. This is due to the fact that company directors and officers can be held personally accountable for mismanagement, poor decisions and other breaches, no matter how innocuous a decision may have been during their time in post. D&O insurance is a type of liability insurance that provides financial protection in the event that they are sued for wrongful acts committed in the course of their duties.
The risk landscape is constantly changing, meaning companies are continually faced with new and evolving risks that need to be protected against with adequate insurance coverage.
To provide clarity on considerations when selecting a D&O policy, Client Services Director, Martin Hawken answers 7 frequently asked questions in our video featured below. Martin discusses the key reasons to consider a D&O insurance policy, who it protects and areas that are incorrectly assumed to be covered by D&O insurance.
Skip to section
Select a chapter and then press play.
- 00:00:00 - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DIRECTORS‘ AND OFFICERS’ INSURANCE
- 00:00:29 - WHO DOES DIRECTORS‘ AND OFFICERS’ INSURANCE PROTECT?
- 00:01:10 - WHY DOES A COMPANY OR ITS DECISION MAKERS NEED OR WANT D&O INSURANCE?
- 00:01:43 - WHERE DO D&O CLAIMS ORIGINATE FROM?
- 00:01:56 - APART FROM CLAIMS, ARE THERE OTHER REASONS WHY PRIVATE COMPANIES PURCHASE D&O?
- 00:03:03 - WHAT ISN’T COVERED WITH D&O?
- 00:03:35 - WHAT DOES D&O INSURANCE COST?
- 00:03:54 - WHAT COVERAGES CAN BE PURCHASED ALONGSIDE D&O?
If you have any questions about the topics raised in the video or would like to discuss Directors’ and Officers’ insurance, please click below to submit your enquiry.